Thursday, February 26, 2009

Wednesday Night Test Kitchen 2/25/09

So last night was a light Wednesday night, I just tried to focus on 1 thing unlike last week, but I did bake a cake on Tuesday so I'll throw you some pics. On the menu:

Lotus Leaf "Glutinous" Rice Dumpling
-Nishiiki Short Grain Risotto, Chinese Cured Pork Belly, Oyster Mushrooms

Lemon Chiffon Cake
-Two Layered Cake, Candied Meyer Lemon Slices, Marscapone Meyer Lemon Frosting

I didn't have pics of the Rice Dumpling for a few reasons, but here is a step by step of the cake making. Did I tell you I haven't baked a cake in 2-3 years? Rusty, but still got it. Cake turned out pretty good, but the dumpling was the bomb. Hopefully I'll have a finish product pic up soon.

Mis en place, get ready for cake-age

Parchment folding to line tins

Put stiff, but wet peaks in. That's what she said.

Look at that rise. That's also what she said

Cooled cakes for cutting and stacking

It's not amateur frosting - it's frigging called "rustic"

Candy lemons on top, cover with wrap, sticks for protection. I later located the ring that buckled onto the cheesecake pan, so this stupid get-up with the sticks and clear wrap was taken off.

No comments:

Post a Comment