Thursday, May 28, 2009

One of The Toughest Decisions In My Life...

My friends, life is filled with tough decisions and this one was so important, that I took a departure from my normal food rambling to write about it.

There are going to be moments in our lives where we are making troubling choice after choice to no end. Sometimes to make the right choice, we seek guidance from any and everywhere whether that is religious, environmental, historical, emotional, political, etc.. And sometimes, even with guidance, we must make choices that we simply do not know are right or wrong. Today I want to tell you about a choice that I have never had the courage to make, but regrettably was made for me today.

For most of my life, I didn't know how to confront the feelings within my heart regarding this matter. I kept putting of the decision when it was presented to me year after year - fearing the mental repercussion and precedent that it may set for the rest of my adult life.

I will tell you honestly that this decision is a very complex one - though it may have the appearance of simply being a personal preference, I can only describe it as a philosophical quandary. And no, it is not a choice where you can have your cake and eat it too - not like the fantastic ability to pair great things as found on this site.

With no further ado, here is the question that will define a big part of your life, scroll down:



...





...



...





BETTY (as played by Marisa Miller)...


or...


VERONICA (as played by Megan Fox)





Tough times indeed. The choice has been made:





I always thought in my heart of hearts I would want to be with the hotter, exotic, misunderstood, insecure, higher maintenance, and passionate Veronica, but when I woke up to the news today, I felt a little empty. I felt empty because I realized the truth of the matter is that that feeling was a longing for what I may have wanted and not necessarily what I may need. Unfortunately, what I realize is needed and missing is the sweet, selfless, clumsy, passive, silly and true-hearted genuine Betty.

I could settle for Marisa Miller too obviously.

Please, Archie comics, I implore you... something needs to change. I was wrong.

Visavis: Does it look like Jughead is upset and he wants to stop this because he secretly wants Archie to be with Betty or because he wants Archie to not be with Veronica or because he just wants Archie? So many questions!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment