Monday, June 15, 2009

Half Way In - Trend Check...


So we're halfway into the year practically and I was just thinking about the trends so far this year.

Here's a list I observed:

Hot Dogs/Sausages
All types of tacos except Mexican ones
Slow food in trucks
Even slower food in carts
High-Low fare in restaurants
Ridiculous ice cream flavors
Shutting down restaurants
Donuts
Five Dollar Footlongs
Mini Burgers/Sliders
Awesome Mini Burger commercials
Chicharrones


While there maybe great things within the creation of these items and some good things on this list, it mostly blows. Anyone want to bring back tuna tartar? Excuse my while I curb my enthusiasm for what may be coming the rest of the year.

Thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 15, 2009

    Macarons- that's another trend

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 15, 2009

    Seems like it's all about cheap comfort foods, lots of familiar foods with gussied up flavors. I'm waiting for the over-designed mini casserole lounge trend to surface.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the reinvention of asian sandwiches? ala the banh mai?

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJune 16, 2009

    What about drink trends? Pisco has been all up in my grill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJune 16, 2009

    Bacon.

    It's the new cheese, ready and waiting to convalesce the mediocre items it's being added to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJune 17, 2009

    I beg to differ. Though I love bacon, it's popularity and versatility are not new. Dig deeper.

    Now pizza is not new either but shit... we now have many more wood burning pizza oven choices. Trend?

    ReplyDelete